Terms & Agreements
Yes, this is a bit long, sorry about that.
Below is our revised Terms of Service, which has been updated to reflect our current service offerings. Revision Date 06-01-2016
The following describes the terms on which EHANDSHAKE offers you access to our websites, platform and services.
1. Platform. Our Platform allows Users to match their businesses with other compatible businesses so they can automatically refer and promote each other’s business to each other’s existing customers, friends, family, and colleges. It also allows customers seeking business products and services to search for those services, contact them, and provide feedback about them using our platform. You agree to comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of our Platform, including without limitation your participation in or involvement with any “EHANDSHAKE Business Circles” (as defined in Section 6.1) and your submission of acceptable Public Information, “Your Information” (as defined in Section 4.1). You also agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
2.1 Eligibility. Our Platform is available to all individuals who are at least 18 years of age. Our Platform is not available to any temporarily or indefinitely suspended EHANDSHAKE Users. By registering to use our Platform, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age. Additional eligibility requirements for particular EHANDSHAKE Business Circles may be set by the “Circle Owners” or “Circle Creators” of such EHANDSHAKE Business Circles. We have the right, in our sole discretion, to suspend or terminate your use of our Platform and refuse any and all current or future use of all or any portion of our Platform.
2.2 Password and Security. When you complete our registration process you will create a password that will enable you to access our Platform. You agree to maintain the confidentiality of your password, and are fully responsible for all liability and damages resulting from your failure to maintain that confidentiality and all activities that occur through the use of your password. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or any other breach of security. You agree that EHANDSHAKE cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section 2.2.
3. Fees and Payments
3.1 General. Access to our websites and use of selected features of our Platform is Free. We may charge fees for various premium features and services that we offer, and we will notify you of those charges at the time that we offer you the premium features or services for a fee. We may, in our sole discretion, and by notifying you on our website, change this policy and begin charging for access to our website and other features and services, and we may, in our sole discretion, add, remove or change the features and services we offer or the fees (including the amount or the type of fees) we charge at any time. If we introduce a new service or charge a new fee, we will establish and notify you of the fees for that service at the launch of the service or start of charging a new fee. If we notify you of new fees or change the fees for an existing service, you agree to pay all fees and charges specified and all applicable taxes for your continued use of the applicable service. We are not responsible for any charges or expenses you incur resulting from being billed by us in accordance with these Terms of Service (e.g., overdrawn accounts, exceeding account limits, etc.).
3.2 Promotions; Coupon Codes; Group Sponsorships. We may from time to time offer promotions where we may discount or waive certain EHANDSHAKE Fees, Subscriptions, or other fee-based products or services. We may offer Coupon codes as a mechanism for processing a discount or credit. Coupon codes have no cash value, are not retroactive, and unless specified, are non-transferable and expire within 30 days of date of issue. Additionally, we may ship free EHANDSHAKE promotional materials to an address you specify in order to promote EHANDSHAKE, or we may offer you third party sponsorship opportunities ("Sponsorships"). To accept a Sponsorship offer and receive any applicable Sponsorship payments, you must register for an Amazon.com Payments merchant account within 90 days of the Sponsorship offer. If you do not register for an Amazon.com Payments merchant account within 90 days of the Sponsorship offer, you forfeit all rights to any payment based upon that offer. Offers, promotions, and Sponsorships are subject to change.
3.3 Consent to Disclosure. You acknowledge and agree that EHANDSHAKE may disclose Your Information (as defined in Section 4) if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on us or our website, (b) enforce this Agreement, (c) respond to claims that Your Information violates the rights of third parties; (d) protect the rights, property or personal safety of EHANDSHAKE, its employees, Users and the public; or (e) enable the transfer or sale to another entity of all or substantially all of our stock or assets in the line of business to which this Agreement relates, or upon any other corporate reorganization, subject to the promises made in this Agreement. We also may disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or that we believe may expose us or you to legal liability.
4. Your Information
4.1 Definition. "Your Information" is defined as any information post or other material you provide (directly or indirectly), including through the registration process for an EHANDSHAKE account, or through the use of our Platform, in any public message board (including your Messages and Business Profile section of the EHANDSHAKE website) or through email. You are solely responsible for Your Information, and we act as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your Public Information (as defined below). Any of Your Information that, through the use of our Platform or otherwise, you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of our website is referred to as "Public Information" (your name (if provided) and location are considered Public Information); any other portion of Your Information shall be referred to as "Private Information." "Publicly accessible" areas of our website are those areas that are available either to some or all of our Users (i.e., not restricted to your viewing only) or to the general public. You should understand that your “Public Information” may be accessible by and made public through syndication programs (including data feed tools) and by search engines, meta-search tools, crawlers, meta-crawlers and other similar programs.
4.2 Restrictions. In consideration of your use of our Platform, you agree that “Your Information”:
- (a) shall not be fraudulent;
- (b) shall not infringe any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- (c) shall not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- (d) shall not be defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing;
- (e) shall not be obscene or contain, pornography, child pornography, or photographs of unclothed person(s);
- (f) shall not contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- (g) shall not create liability for us or cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our ISPs or other suppliers;
- (h) shall not link directly or indirectly to any materials to which you do not have a right to link to or include.
In addition, you agree that you will provide us with your valid, current email address both at the time of your registration with us and from time to time as your email address changes.
5. Use of Platform
5.1 Control You, and not EHANDSHAKE, are entirely responsible for all of your Public Information that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via our Platform. We do not control your Public Information or the Public Information of or posted by other Users and do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of Your Information or the Information of or posted by other Users. Nor do we endorse any opinions expressed by you or other Users. You understand that by using our Platform, you may be exposed to information that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. We do not have any obligation to monitor, nor do we take responsibility for, Your Information, Public Information or information of or posted by other Users. You agree that under no circumstances will EHANDSHAKE its directors, officers, shareholders, employees, consultants, agents, advisers, affiliates, subsidiaries or its third-party partners be liable in any way for any information, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in Your Information or the Information of or posted by other Users, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of Your Information or Information of or posted by other Users posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available in connection with our Platform, or for any failure to correct or remove information.
5.2 API License Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, EHANDSHAKE grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to use any application programming interface ("API") that EHANDSHAKE makes available via the Platform for the sole purpose of integrating or making available Public Information on another web site. EHANDSHAKE reserves all rights not expressly granted under this Agreement.
5.3 Grounds for Removal, Sanction and/or Suspension Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, the following types of actions are cause for immediate removal, repeal and/or suspension or termination of your account:
- (a) The use of our Platform to (including, without limitation, eligibility requirements):
- (i) harm or intimidate another person in any way, including restricting or inhibiting any other Member from using our Platform;
- (ii) impersonate any person or entity (including EHANDSHAKE, EHANDSHAKE staff and other Users), or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person, through the use of similar email addresses, nicknames, or creation of false account(s) or any other method or device;
- (iii) disguise the origin of any Public Information that is transmitted to any third party;
- (iv) "stalk" or otherwise harass another;
- (v) advertise merchandise, auctions, services or commercial websites, including offers to trade or charitable solicitations unrelated to the topic or spirit of the EHANDSHAKE Platform;
- (vi) resell Public Information or access to Public Information;
- or (vii) collect or store personal data about other Users;
- (b) Posting any Public Information or other material:
- (i) that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, intimidating, vulgar, obscene, profane, libelous, invasive of another's privacy (including the posting of private emails or contact information about another individual), hateful, or racially, ethically or otherwise objectionable, including any Public Information or other material that may be considered hate speech;
- (ii) that is obscene, pornographic or adult in nature;
- (iii) that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- (iv) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party or rights of publicity or privacy;
- (v) that is unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation (including, but not limited to, "spam," "junk mail," and "chain letters");
- (vi) that is inappropriate, posted in bad faith, or contrary to the spirit of the EHANDSHAKE Platform;
- (vii) that uses the Platform primarily as a lead generator or listing service for another website;
- (c) Encouraging others to violate this Agreement;
- (d) Refusing to follow EHANDSHAKE staff instruction or direction;
- (e) Violation (intentional or unintentional) of this Agreement, or of any applicable local, state, national or international law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- (f) Disclose the Private Information of any EHANDSHALE member without the permission of that member; or
- (g) Transmit money to EHANDSHAKE, Users, Customers, through financial accounts that are stolen, fraudulent or otherwise unauthorized.
Also, your posting of other inappropriate actions, Public Information or other materials may also warrant removal and/or suspension from our website. EHANDSHAKE reserves the right to remove any post or other material without warning or further notice. While we prohibit such conduct and content, you understand and agree that you nonetheless may be exposed to such conduct or content and that you use the Platform at your own risk. For purposes of this Agreement, "posting" includes uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available. Without limiting the foregoing, EHANDSHAKE and its designees shall have the right to remove any Public Information or other material that violates this Agreement or is otherwise objectionable.
5.4 Interference with Platform. You agree that you will not:
- (a) upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any computer routines, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- (c) take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; or
- (d) copy, reproduce, alter, modify, or publicly display any information displayed on our website (except for Your Information), or create derivative works from our website (other than from Your Information), to the extent that such action(s) would constitute copyright infringement or otherwise violate the intellectual property rights of EHANDSHAKE or any other third party, except with the prior written consent of EHANDSHAKE or the appropriate third party.
5.5 General Practices. You acknowledge and agree that we may establish General Practices and limits concerning the use of our Platform. You agree that we have no responsibility or liability for the storage or the deletion of, or the failure to store or delete any of Your Information. You acknowledge that we reserve the right to log off Users who are inactive for an extended period of time. In addition, you acknowledge that we reserve the right to change these General Practices and limits at any time, in our sole discretion, with or without notice.
6. EHANDSHAKE Business Circles
6.1 Our Platform provides the necessary tools that enable our Users to create EHANDSHAKE Business Circles. We do not supervise these EHANDSHAKE Business Circles and are not involved in any way with the actions of any individuals in these circles. As a result, we have no control over the identity or actions of the individuals who are joining EHANDSHAKE Business Circles or being invited to EHANDSHAKE Business Circles and we request that our Users exercise caution and good judgment when Joining EHANDSHAKE Business Circles or Creating EHANDSHAKE Business Circles.
6.2 Release. Because we do not supervise or control the EHANDSHAKE Business Circles or interactions among or between Users of EHANDSHAKE Business Circles and other persons or companies, or with the actions of any individuals in EHANDSHAKE, and because we do not control Amazon.com, PayPal, Credit Card companies or other Payment Processing Companies, and because we cannot guarantee the true identity, age, nationality of Platform Users, and because we have very limited control, if any, over the quality, safety, morality, legality, truthfulness or accuracy of various aspects of the Platform you agree that you bear all risk and you agree to release us (and our officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, and third party partners) from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, now and in the future, arising out of or in any way connected with your use of the Platform, your Third Party Transactions, our resolution of any disputes among Users, or the actions of you or other persons within EHANDSHAKE. You further waive any and all rights and benefits otherwise conferred by any statutory or non-statutory law of any jurisdiction that would purport to limit the scope of a release or waiver.
7. Communications from EHANDSHAKE and Users of the EHANDSHAKE Community
7.1 EHANDSHAKE Communications. You understand that certain communications, such as EHANDSHAKE service announcements and newsletters, as well as offers of sponsorship or promotion relevant and beneficial to you or your EHANDSHAKE involvement, are part of our Platform. By using our Platform, you expressly agree to receive such communications from EHANDSHAKE.
7.2 Communications with Users of the EHANDSHAKE Community. You understand and agree that you may receive communication from other Users and/or Customers in the normal course of utilizing the EHANDSHAKE Platform. All related messages will be relayed to your email address through our Platform, which does not disclose your email address. If you are a Member, you agree to receive messages from individual EHANDSHAKE Users, such as those coming from EHANDSHAKE Business Circles, Recommended Users and other Customers using the site.
7.3 Role of EHANDSHAKE Business Circle Owners. You understand that the Circle Owner of a EHANDSHAKE Business Circle in which you are a member has the right, in his or her sole discretion, to temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership in his or her EHANDSHAKE Business Circle/s, limit or set eligibility requirements for his or her EHANDSHAKE Business Circle/s, and to temporarily or permanently remove any content or information that you have posted in connection with such EHANDSHAKE Business Circle/s. Please be aware that a Circle Owner is: (a) not EHANDSHAKE's representative or agent, and therefore a Circle Owner may not enter into contractual relations or obligations on EHANDSHAKE's behalf; (b) not entitled to enter into contractual relations or obligations on behalf of specific Circle Members unless expressly agreed by those Circle Members; and (c) acting independently, and therefore no contractual relationship or obligation arises between a Circle Owner or an individual Member unless otherwise mutually agreed.
7.4 Use of Pop-up Windows. EHANDSHAKE will not launch pop-up windows to advertise third-party products or services.
7.5 Other Users. We do not control the information provided by other Users, which is made available through our system. You may find other Users information to be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or deceptive. Please use caution and common sense when using our website. Please note there is a risk that you may be dealing with underage persons or people acting under false pretense.
9. Links. We may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other websites or resources. Because we have no control over such websites or resources, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such websites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such websites or resources. You also acknowledge and agree that EHANDSHAKE shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or resource.
10. Dealings with Marketing Partners and Third Parties. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, marketing partners or other third parties found on our website or through our Platform, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such marketing partner or other third party. You agree that EHANDSHAKE shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such marketing partners or other third parties on our website or located through the use of our Platform.
11. Indemnity. You, as a User of EHANDSHAKE, agree to indemnify and hold us and our officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees, consultants, affiliates, subsidiaries and third-party partners harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of your representations and warranties or this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference, your use of our Platform, Your Information, your violation of any law, statute, ordinance or regulation or the rights of a third party.
12. Warranties; Liability
12.1 Disclaimer of Warranties. Your use of our Platform is at your sole risk. Our Platform is provided to you "as is" and on an "as available" basis. We specifically disclaim all warranties and conditions of any kind, whether express, implied or statutory, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We disclaim any warranties regarding the security, reliability, timeliness, and performance of our Platform. We disclaim any warranties for any information or advice obtained through our Platform. We disclaim any warranties for services or goods received through or advertised on our Platform or received through any links provided by our Platform, as well as for any information or advice received through any links provided through our Platform. In addition, no advice or information (oral or written) obtained by you from us shall create any warranty. You understand and agree that you download or otherwise obtain material or data through the use of our Platform at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damages to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such material or data.
12.2 Limitation of Liability. You agree that in no event shall EHANDSHAKE be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if EHANDSHAKE has been advised of the possibility of such damages), arising out of or in connection with our Platform or this Agreement or the inability to use our Platform (however arising, including negligence), arising out of or in connection with Third Party Transactions or arising out of or in connection with your use of our Platform, participation in or exclusion from EHANDSHAKE Business Circles and the actions of you or others using EHANDSHAKE. Our liability to you or any third parties in any circumstance is limited to the greater of (a) the amount of fees, if any, you pay to us in the twelve (12) months prior to the action giving rise to liability, and (b) $100.
12.3 Exclusions. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain warranties or of incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the limitations in this Section 12 may not apply to you.
13. Dispute Resolution
13.1 Process. The parties will attempt in good faith to resolve through negotiation any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to this Agreement including the documents it incorporates by reference, your use of our Platform, Your Information, your violation of any law or the rights of a third party, or your participation in EHANDSHAKE (whether the dispute, claim or controversy is due to or arising out of the actions of you or other Users at EHANDSHAKE. In the event that the dispute, claim or controversy is not resolved by these negotiations, the matter will be submitted to Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (a.k.a. "JAMS"), or its successor, for mediation pursuant to Section.
13.2, and if the matter is not resolved through mediation, then it shall be submitted to JAMS, or its successor, for final and binding arbitration pursuant to Section 13.5 Arbitration. Nonetheless, legal action taken by EHANDSHAKE to collect any fees and/or recover damages for, or obtain an injunction relating to, our website operations, intellectual property or our Platform, shall not be submitted to mediation or arbitration except as otherwise agreed to in writing by EHANDSHAKE. In addition, either you or EHANDSHAKE may seek any interim or preliminary relief from a Court of competent jurisdiction in Texas, necessary to protect the rights or property of you or EHANDSHAKE pending the completion of arbitration.
13.3 Negotiation. Either party may initiate negotiations by providing written notice in letter form to the other party, setting forth the subject of the dispute and the relief requested. The recipient of such notice will respond in writing within fifteen (15) business days with a statement of its position on and recommended solution to the dispute. If the dispute is not resolved by this exchange of correspondence, then representatives of each party with full settlement authority will meet in person or otherwise at a mutually agreeable time and place within thirty (30) business days of the date of the initial notice in order to exchange relevant information and perspectives, and to attempt to resolve the dispute.
13.4 Mediation. Either party may commence mediation by providing JAMS and the other party a written request for mediation, setting forth the subject of the dispute and the relief requested. The parties will cooperate with JAMS and with one another in selecting a mediator from JAMS' panel of neutrals, and in scheduling the mediation proceedings. The parties agree that they will participate in the mediation in good faith, and that they will share equally in its costs. All offers, promises, conduct and statements, whether oral or written, made in the course of the mediation by any of the parties, their agents, employees, experts and attorneys, and by the mediator or any JAMS employees, are confidential, privileged and inadmissible for any purpose, including impeachment, in any arbitration or other proceeding involving the parties, provided that evidence that is otherwise admissible or discoverable shall not be rendered inadmissible or non-discoverable as a result of its use in the mediation. Either party may initiate arbitration with respect to the matters submitted to mediation by filing a written demand for arbitration at any time following the initial mediation session or forty-five (45) days after the date of filing the written request for mediation, whichever occurs first. The mediation may continue after the commencement of arbitration if the parties so desire. Unless otherwise agreed by the parties, the mediator shall be disqualified from serving as arbitrator in the case.
13.5 Arbitration. The parties agree that any and all disputes, claims or controversies arising out of or relating to this Agreement that are not resolved by their mutual agreement by negotiation or mediation under Sections 13.3 and 13.4 shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration before JAMS, or its successor, pursuant to the United States Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. Sec. 1 et seq. Either party may commence the arbitration process called for in this Agreement by filing a written demand for arbitration with JAMS, with a copy to the other party. The arbitration will be conducted in accordance with the provisions of JAMS' Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures in effect at the time of filing of the demand for arbitration. The parties will cooperate with JAMS and with one another in selecting an arbitrator from JAMS' panel of neutrals, and in scheduling the arbitration proceedings. The parties covenant that they will participate in the arbitration in good faith, and that they will share equally in its costs.
13.6 Enforcement. The provisions of Sections 13.3 and 13.4 may be enforced by any Court of competent jurisdiction, and the party seeking enforcement shall be entitled to an award of all costs, fees and expenses, including attorney’s fees, to be paid by the party against whom enforcement is ordered.
13.7 Notice; Waiver. By agreeing to this Agreement you have, except as otherwise specified in Section 13.1, all disputes, claims or controversies arising out of or relating to this Agreement decided by negotiation, neutral mediation and/or neutral arbitration as provided in this Section 13, and you are giving up any rights you might possess to have those matters litigated in a court or jury trial. Also, by agreeing to this Agreement you are giving up your judicial rights to discovery and appeal except to the extent that they are specifically provided for under this Agreement. If you refuse to submit to arbitration after agreeing to this provision, you may be compelled to arbitrate under federal or state law. Your agreement to this arbitration provision is voluntary.
13.8 Dispute Resolution by EHANDSHAKE for the Benefit of Users. We may try to help EHANDSHAKE Users resolve disputes. We do so in our sole discretion, and we have no obligation to try to resolve disputes between Users. To the extent we attempt to resolve disputes, we will do so in good faith based solely on the general rules and standards of the Platform, and we will not make judgments regarding legal issues or claims.
14. Modifications. We reserve the right at any time or times to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, all or any portion of our Platform with or without notice. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or termination of our Platform.
15. Termination; Breach. You agree that we, in our sole discretion, may issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend, remove content or information you have posted, or terminate your account your status as a particular EHANDSHAKE User, or your ability to use all or any portion of our Platform (including any APIs), for any reason, including, without limitation, (a) for lack of use, (b) if we believe that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement or the documents or agreements it incorporates by reference, (c) if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us, or (d) if we believe that your actions may cause legal liability for you, our Users or us. You agree that any termination of your account or access to all or any portion of the Platform under any provision of this Agreement may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that we may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files or our Platform. You also agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your use of or access to all or any portion of the Platform. Termination or suspension of your use of our Platform in violation of Section 4.2 will not result in refunds of lead fees or any other fees paid, if any, and you will forfeit the remaining period of your paid membership, if any.
16. Trademarks; Copyrights; Proprietary Rights
16.1 EHANDSHAKE's Trademarks. EHANDSHAKE trademarks and service marks, and other EHANDSHAKE logos, products and service names, are trademarks of EHANDSHAKE Inc. (the "EHANDSHAKE Trademarks"). Except as otherwise permitted by law, you agree not to display or use in any manner the EHANDSHAKE Trademarks without EHANDSHAKE's prior written consent.
16.2 Copyrights and Trademarks of Others. EHANDSHAKE respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our Users to do the same. To the extent EHANDSHAKE uses a trademark that is the property of a third party, EHANDSHAKE shall provide clear notice to anyone viewing EHANDSHAKE's use of that trademark that (a) EHANDSHAKE does not own the trademark and that the trademark is the property of a third party, (b) EHANDSHAKE has no affiliation, connection or association with that third party, and (c) if applicable, that third party has not approved or sponsored EHANDSHAKE's use of the trademark in any way. We may, in appropriate circumstances and in our discretion, remove, or disable access to, material that infringes on the rights of others, and terminate access to our Platform to those who may be repeat infringers. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide our Copyright Agent the following information: 1. an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest; 2. a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed; 3. a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site; 4. your address, telephone number, and email address; 5. a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; 6. a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
Our Agent for Notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:
By email: legal@EHANDSHAKE.com
16.3 Proprietary Rights. You acknowledge and agree that our Platform contains proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You also acknowledge and agree that content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to you through our Platform or advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as consented to by EHANDSHAKE or advertisers in writing, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on our Platform, in whole or in part.
17. No Resale. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of EHANDSHAKE's Platform, use of the Platform, or access to the Platform for any sales of goods or services, or promotion of a company, good, or service unrelated to the topic or spirit or the EHANDSHAKE Platform or EHANDSHAKE Business Circles.
18. Additional Terms
18.1 Notices. Except as otherwise stated in this Agreement or as expressly required by local law, any notice to us shall be given by email to legal@EHANDSHAKE.com and any notice to you shall be given to the email address that you provided us during the registration process. Notice shall be considered given 24 hours after email is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid.
18.2 Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and EHANDSHAKE, superseding any prior agreements between you and EHANDSHAKE. To the extent that you have previously registered with EHANDSHAKE and provided Your Information, this Agreement now governs how EHANDSHAKE may use Your Information, whether provided in the past or the future.
18.3 No Agency. No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship between you and EHANDSHAKE is intended or created by this Agreement.
18.4 Governing Law. Except as expressly provided in this Section, (a) this Agreement and the relationship between you and EHANDSHAKE shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas without regard to its conflict of law provisions, as such laws are applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within Texas between Texas residents, and (b) you and EHANDSHAKE agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the State of Texas.
18.5 Assignment. You agree that this Agreement, all rights herein, and all incorporated agreements may be automatically assigned by EHANDSHAKE, in our sole discretion, to one or more third parties in the event of a merger, acquisition, corporate reorganization, sale of all or substantially all of EHANDSHAKE's assets, or similar transaction.
18.6 No Guaranty. We do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our Platform, and operation of our website may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control.
18.7 No Waiver. EHANDSHAKE's failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision and does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
18.8 Severance. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, you and EHANDSHAKE nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and that the other provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
18.9 Survival. Sections 4.3 (License), 5.3 (Interference with Platform), 6.2 (Release), 11 (Indemnity), 12 (Warranties; Liabilities), 13 (Dispute Resolution) and 18.4 (Governing Law) shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement.
18.10 Limitation. You and EHANDSHAKE each agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to the use of our Platform or this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
18.11 Titles. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
19. Disclosures; Violations. The Platform offered under this Agreement is offered by EHANDSHAKE Inc. Please report any violations of this Agreement by sending a notice of the violation to by postal mail to: EHANDSHAKE Inc., Attn: Secretary or by email to support@EHANDSHAKE.com
* * *
By indicating during sign up that you have read and agreed to this Agreement, you are agreeing that you have read and understand this Agreement and agree to all of the terms of this Agreement, including Section 13 which provides that, except as otherwise specified in Section 13.1, all disputes, claims or controversies arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall first be dealt with through negotiation and mediation and if the dispute is not resolved shall then be submitted to binding, neutral arbitration.
Refer and Earn Program Terms & Conditions
The EHANDSHAKE Refer and Earn Program allow registered EHANDSHAKE Users (an “EHANDSHAKE User”) to earn Credits toward future EHANDSHAKE purchases by referring friends to EHANDSHAKE.
To participate, EHANDSHAKE Users must agree to these terms, which become part of the EHANDSHAKE Terms and Conditions. Capitalized terms that are not defined here will have the same meaning given to them in the EHANDSHAKE Terms and Conditions.
How to Earn Referral Credits
EHANDSHAKE Users can earn Referral Credits towards future EHANDSHAKE purchases if:
- A referred friend clicks on their referral link to create their own valid EHANDSHAKE account; and
- The referred friend becomes a EHANDSHAKE User; and
- The referred friend completes a purchase as an EHANDSHAKE user.
The referring EHANDSHAKE User will be credited with the Credit amount of 25% of all referred friends total spend amount who signed up on their behalf using the EHANDSHAKE Users referral link.
A Qualifying Referral must have a total value of at least $35 USD (or its local currency equivalent* if we support it). It must be paid for via the EHANDSHAKE platform, and the referred friend must complete payment before the EHANDSHAKE User can receive Credits.
Credits will automatically appear on your billing page, and must be used within one year from the date they are issued. After one year, the Credits will expire. Credits may not be combined with additional promotional Credits or Coupons. Credits may not be transferred or exchanged for any cash or money. Credits may not be earned by creating multiple EHANDSHAKE Accounts. Credits accrued in multiple EHANDSHAKE accounts may not be combined into one EHANDSHAKE account.
Sharing Referral Links
Referrals should only be used for personal and non-commercial purposes, and only shared with personal connections that will appreciate receiving these invitations. Referral links should not be published or distributed where there is no reasonable basis for believing that all or most of the recipients are personal friends (such as coupon websites, Reddit, or Wikipedia).
Referred friends that have signed up using a valid referral link will also receive a Credit toward their next Qualifying Referral on EHANDSHAKE. The standard Credit is 25% of a qualified referred friends spend amount (or its local currency equivalent* if we support it), but may vary in some cases if the referred friend signed up as part of a special promotion. Varying credit amounts and additional terms will be shown in the referral invitation or accompanying promotional materials.
A referred friend may only use one referral link. If a referred friend receives referral links from multiple EHANDSHAKE Users, only the corresponding EHANDSHAKE User of the referral link used by the referred friend will receive Credit.
If any provision in these terms is held to be invalid, void, or unenforceable, such provision (or the part of it that is making it invalid, void or unenforceable) will be struck and not affect the validity of and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Termination and Change
EHANDSHAKE may suspend or terminate the Refer and Earn Program or a user’s ability to participate in the Refer and Earn Program at any time for any reason. We reserve the right to suspend accounts or remove Credits if we notice any activity that we believe is abusive or fraudulent. We reserve the right to review and investigate all referral activities and to suspend accounts or modify referrals as deemed fair and appropriate.
Updates to the Terms
We can update these terms at any time without prior notice. If we modify these terms, we will post the modification on the EHANDSHAKE.com website, applications, or services, which are effective upon posting. Continued participation in the Refer and Earn Program after any modification shall constitute consent to such modification.
* The referral’s local currency equivalent credit amount will be calculated using a system-wide rate, known as the base exchange rate, for currency conversion using data from one or more third parties, such as OANDA. We regularly update the Base Exchange rate, but it may not be identical to the real-time market rate.